Come out to the 7th Annual UpTown Waterloo Ice Dogs Festival 2010!
The UpTown Waterloo Ice Dogs Festival 2010 will be celebrating its 7th year, on February 20th, 2010 – hope to see you there! Get the entire family (including your dog) out and celebrate winter. This family and dog friendly event is a winter favourite for many!
Waterloo is recognized as a hot bed of festival activity. The community has fully embraced the events either by volunteering, sponsoring, or by coming out to enjoy the multitude of amazing attractions! A number of Waterloo’s festivals are free to attend. Whether you are into music, food, zany international street performers, medieval times, twinkling winter light displays – there is something for you in Waterloo…..
Waterloo’s Ice Dogs Festival occurs annually in February (dependent on weather) and features an exciting variety of activities centered around ice sculpture demonstrations and live dog sled competitions.
Why do people love this wintery fun day?:
- Photos with Siberian Husky Dogs & Alaskan Malamute Puppies
- Ice Carving Demonstrations
- Dog Sled Rides!!!
- Ice Maze
- Kids Crafts & Activities – Button Factory
- Pet Look-A-Like Contest
- Dog Tag Licensing
- Food vendors and Hot Chocolate will be for sale
- Ice Slide
- Skating events
- Chilly Dog Mascot
- Winter survival maneuvers by the Canadian Army
- Ice bar
- and much more …
This year the festival will be held in the Public Square, corner of King St and Willis Way. Events start at 11:00 a.m. and conclude by 3:00 p.m.
Partners include the UpTown BIA, the City of Waterloo, the Humane Society and the Button Factory.
Ice Dogs Festival 2010
February 20th, 2010
11:00am – 3:00pm
Waterloo Public Square
UpTown Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The UpTown Waterloo Public Square is located outside The Shops at Waterloo Town Square at 75 King Street Waterloo (between Erb Street and Willis Way).
By Bus (Grand River Transit)
- Route 7
By Car (from the 401)
- Take the HWY 8 WEST exit 278 into KITCHENER.
- Take the HWY 7 exit toward GUELPH/HWY 85/WATERLOO.
- Take the Bridgeport Street exit, travel WEST on Bridgeport Street (a right turn from the off-ramp) (Bridgeport Street becomes One-Way only).
- Continue to the intersection of Bridgeport Road East and King Street North.
- Turn Left onto King Street or continue on Bridgeport past Erb Street for the main parking area off Caroline Street (Bridgeport Becomes Caroline past Erb).
See You There!